Volunteer with us
If you would like to experience life in the mountains, living as part of a small resident community and have time and energy to offer in any of the following areas then please contact us to discuss spending some time volunteering with us.
During different times of the year we welcome volunteers to give time to any of the following areas of life here:
- Organic gardening
- Forest maintenance eg clearing paths, collecting wood
- Building maintenance eg painting and decorating
- Plant based cooking, assisting in the kitchen during retreats.
- Cleaning and preparing accommodation for guests.
What we would expect
- Enthusiasm, some commitment to growth and transformation and being aligned to vision and mission of Les Gavatxes
- Ability to work responsibly, collaboratively and to communicate effectively.
- We would like volunteers to join the weekly community meeting.
- Offer at least 25 hours of work per week.
What we would offer
- Accommodation with kitchen and bathroom
- At least one cooked meal per day
- Once a week transport for shopping in town
- Experience in organic gardening, forest maintenance and aspects of meditation practice and community life.
- Supervised work.
- Two days per week free to relax and explore the area (if there is time we would organise some hiking and visits to local sights).
- Collect you from a public transport bus stop (Olot, Castellfollit de la Roca or Camprodon) and return at the end of your stay.
The period of time would be contracted prior to arrival.
Volunteers need to have adequate health or travel insurance.